To keep myself focused and avoid over consumption during secondhand shopping, I like to keep a wishlist of items I’m on the lookout for when I shop secondhand. This means I generally only buy things I need. I like to review this list every month or so – here is what I’m on the look out for in March 2023!
I have an overseas trip coming up to Japan, so I’m focused on getting items that will make our trip more comfortable:
- Small waterproof/vinyl pouch for my daughters toiletries
- Coloured paper and trinkets for crafts on the go
- Small travel friendly kids books and toys
- Good quality & condition luggage (not essential, but nice to have)
Clothing and Shoes
I’ve been on a mission these past few months to really go through my wardrobe with a brutal eye and cull anything that I can’t see myself wearing. I’m also more into wearing and layering basics these days and I know my sense of style is changing as I get older, and care less about trends etc. I’m on the look out for:
- Basic tees and tanks for layering (great for travel)
- Vintage look oversized tees
- Oversized jumpers and hoodies
- Black cardigan
- Denim jacket (I have one already, but I feel I could get one that is more flattering)
- Chambray shirt
- White sneakers (excellent quality for walking on holiday)
- Comfortable dress that can be worn multiple ways
- Size 3/4 (kids) sleeved dresses and leggings
I’m in the process of redecorating my home office and entrance. I love upcycling so I am searching for solid wood pieces in good condition that I can refinish:
- Bookcase/cupboard or TV Unit with doors to store books, board games, techy cables and crafting supplies out of sight. Also may create a cat bed bench!
Entertainment unit, buffet or hallway cupboard I can convert to a shoe storage bench.I actually found something whilst writing this article that I’m excited to upcycle and share with you!
We have recently organised the ‘activity area’ in our upstairs for the main playroom. I’d love to move the majority of my daughters toys upstairs to make our living room more adult again!
- Wall Art & Prints
- Frames for art I already have
- Good quality books
Well that’s pretty much it for March – come back next month to see what I found from the list, and also what I’m on the lookout for in April.